Renewable energy recruitment agencies are popping up all over the place these days. The world commissions a new renewable power, wind energy, and solar installation project every single day.
It is no wonder that renewable energy recruitment agencies have become so important in today’s job market. But how do you know which one to go with?
Here are 13 Facts for Finding the Right Renewable Energy Recruitment Agency!
1) Know the difference: Headhunters vs New Energy Recruitment Agencies
A renewable energy recruitment agency typically operates in a headhunter capacity. This means that they will find the right candidates and submit them for positions. However, renewable energy recruitment agencies have a specialized network within the industry. They will be the experts in renewable energy, renewable power, new energy jobs, and renewable companies.
The benefits of a renewable energy agency are:
- More Experts: They typically have more renewable energy and renewable power experts on staff.
- More Recruiters: They have more renewable recruiters allowing more support to staff teams rather than just a position.
- More Relationships: They often have a greater network of relationships in the renewable field to tap into for your open positions.
- Potential Incentives: Agencies can also offer incentives such as funds or stock options if you choose them for renewable energy recruitment.
Renewable energy agencies can also focus on retention!
Some renewable energy agencies are also in charge of retaining employees for renewable companies. This means that they often have a large number of renewable specialist job openings. They may be able to meet your needs if you’re looking for a renewable specialist position or just can’t find the right candidate!
2) Do your research on each company!
- What services do they provide?
- What type of professionals do they recruit?
- What is their experience level with renewables projects?
- How much time has it been since their last project success story?
- Are they a member of any trade associations or professional organizations related to renewable energy?
The more you know, the better.
Additionally, make sure you read customer reviews and testimonials on their services to see how others feel about them! It can really help set your decision into perspective. When reading customer reviews, look for feedback on the quality of renewable professionals they have. Check how trustworthy and helpful their customer service is and if others recommend them.
It is now easier than ever to find information about a renewable recruiting agency. Typing in ‘renewable energy recruiters’ into Google will generate many new energy recruiters. You should be able to see all their contact details, any reviews they may have received, and the renewable recruiting agency’s website.
Don’t Forget to Talk to their Customers!
Ask other professionals in the renewable energy industry for their opinion of a recruiter they have used in the past. This is another good way to find out information about renewable recruiters that you would not be able to find online.
Questions to ask someone:
- How are the renewable recruiters at that company helpful and involved in your recruitment process?
- Which types of renewable positions did they help you with?
- How did the renewable recruiting agency get in contact with you or respond to your messages? Were they good communicators?
- What kind of renewable energy position did they find for you and how long have they been helping people like you in your current industry?
- How big is the company and what does their customer service process look like?
- How long was it before the renewable recruiter contacted you with your first candidate?
- How did the renewable recruiters help you interpret and understand candidate resumes or CV’s?
- Did they have any advice for you when filling out an application to make it stand out more than other candidates applying to that position?
The next thing you need to do is find renewable energy recruiters that you know will have the skillset to fulfill your needs. Look for renewable energy recruitment agencies with specific renewable energies in their portfolio. For example; solar, wind, geothermal, biomass, etc.
What Should You Be Looking For?
When choosing recruiters in the industry, it is important to think about what you are looking for in a renewable recruiting agency. For example, you might look for renewable energy recruiters in a specific city, state, or country. This will narrow down your search and make it easier to find agencies near you that can help with the hiring process.
Look for a Portfolio of Successful Projects
Find renewable energy recruiters that have experience with renewable energy projects. Some renewable recruitment agencies will have project portfolios on their website for you to look at. This is a great way of finding renewable recruiters that have experience in the field and can help with recruitment needs.
Remember: renewable energy recruiters are not all equal when you have an executive search for new energy on your plate.
It is not enough to find a renewable recruitment company that offers renewable energy recruitment services. You must make sure that the agency in the new energy industry has an extensive list of renewable projects and renewable jobs. You want a renewable recruiter who will be able to provide you with the most diverse range of renewable energy positions possible.
Feel free to take our list of questions below to use when you are interviewing any new energy industry recruiters.
Questions to ask a potential new renewable energy recruiting agency:
Whether it’s a new energy executive search you have or an entry role, asking renewable recruiters the following questions can help! Asking questions is a great way to learn information about the renewable recruiting agency that is not on their website.
- Do they specialize in renewable energy recruitment?
- What is their background with renewable energy, new energy, wind energy systems, or solar energy technologies?
- How many renewable recruiters do they currently represent?
- What is their renewable recruitment process like, from start to finish?
- Do you need a resume or other qualifications in order to be considered for renewable jobs with your company?
- What renewable energy recruitment services do they offer?
- Do they have renewable project portfolios on your website?
- How many renewable projects and renewable jobs can they provide you with?
- Can you meet some of the people in their renewable recruiting agency before signing an agreement for service?
- Do they offer renewable recruiters and renewable jobs to your desired location?
- Do they work with professionals or recruiters in this area?
- How diverse is their project portfolio and resume list of jobs for renewable agencies?
*You should always research what type of renewable projects they specialize in before making your final decision
3) Energy Recruitment or Renewables Energy Recruitment?
The renewables industry is an emerging and rapidly growing sector of the economy. Many energy recruiting agencies are transitioning into renewables recruiting to meet the need
Facts about renewables energy impacting the recruiting industry:
The IHS Energy estimated the renewables market at $332 billion in 2016 and expects it to grow to nearly $600 billion by 2020. As such, renewables are generating a lot of attention from recruiters and employers. The renewables sector includes bioenergy (e.g., biomass fuel), geothermal energy, solar power, wind turbines, and other renewables. Renewables are the fastest-growing form of energy, increasing 7 times faster than fossil fuel production in 2015. In 2016, renewables accounted for 40% of new power generation capacity globally. Renewables now provide about 25% of the world’s electricity demand with that share expected to rise to 30% by 2020.
What is a renewables energy recruiting agency?
A renewables recruiting agency is a recruiter that specializes in renewables. This can include solar power, wind energy, and other renewable sources such as biomass fuel. The demand for skilled labor has caused many recruiters to transition into the renewables industry. As such, there are many companies engaged in renewables recruitment. They could be renewables recruiters, energy recruiters, or a hybrid of both.
Do they produce content showing their knowledge?
Some renewables recruiting agencies offer a renewable job board. This board allows you to search for opportunities based upon keywords that are important to you. Otherwise, they may list jobs through other sites such as LinkedIn or Indeed.
Some other renewables recruiting agencies may offer a blog or newsletter. Newsletters typically provide updates on new positions in renewables. They will also share news about renewable energy trends shaping the industry.
In conclusion, renewables are a growing market. Renewables recruiting agencies have evolved from traditional energy recruiters to renewables recruiters. Many energy recruiting agencies are transitioning into renewables recruiting to meet this demand for skilled labor. Contact us to learn more about renewable energy recruiting for your entry level or executive search in the Houston, TX area.