IT and cybersecurity professionals are in such high demand that many have begun to receive multiple unsolicited job offers a week. The average mobile app developer can look to make around $175,750 a year.
In addition to information technology, other industries are seeing a high-demand 2016. These industries include: financial services, managed services, telecommunications, health care, and hospitality.
Recruiters may feel the pressure when trying to fill IT jobs this year. This is due to limited available talent. Companies are investing more time training from within to keep bright talent in their companies.
A Robert Half report list suggestions for companies to strengthen their employee brand and attractiveness to potential employees:
- Paying at or above market salaries for top talent.
- Providing exciting and challenging assignments.
- Fostering a corporate culture where innovation is crucial and business and technology are intertwined.
- Making sure technology professionals have the latest tools.
- Promoting flexible schedules and remote working arrangements.
- Offering professional development opportunities
- Showing a clear path for growth and promotion.
- Listening to employees and taking action on their requests, as appropriate.
- Establishing a strong employee referral program
Read more here.