Last year, employment for IT-specific positions increased in all industries save for oil and gas. According to government data analyzed by CompTIA. IT employment increased by 3.1% percent, which came to 152,000 jobs in 2015. Some of the top jobs are as follows:
- Cybersecurity analysts: 85,200 jobs
- Web developers: 243,800 jobs
- Software application developers: 775,000 jobs
- Software systems developers: 428,00 jobs
- Systems analysts: 647,000 jobs
- Computer user support specialists: 685,000 jobs
- IT managers, CIOs: 371,000 jobs
Oil and gas industry is one of the top users of IT workforce, and is heavily dependent on IT services. Industry employment fell by 4% last year and it could fall by as much as 3% this year.
Read more here.